I’ve had a ton of stuff going on with not much time to post lately. Here are a few exciting things:
- Austin City Life gatherings are moving from the Hideout to The Parish, a nationally acclaimed venue on historic 6th Street. Pray for us.
- City Groups are multiplying, leaders are emerging, interns are applying, and the city is changing through our community! This morning I looked at 30 pictures from a Valentines missional event from one of our CGs. It brought tears to my eyes. The elderly population is so overlooked, sidelined in the U.S.
- I am working on a Fight Club booklet to be epublished through Resurgence. Should finish by the end of the month.
- Had a good chat with Steve Timmis about Austin City Life piloting the theological-missional Porterbrook program here in Austin. Porterbrook is a remarkable blend of hermeneutics, biblical and systematic theology, missiology, gospel-centered life, and missional ecclesiology for contextualized ministry. We will likely take some interns and key leaders through a module. Here is an overview of the curriculum.
- My wife and I will be in Seattle in March for the Acts 29 Bootcamp and to assess aspiring church planters. We will also take advantage of Timmis’ traning on gospel-centered community.