In preparation for our Fall Deacon Training, I found these interview questions from Tim Keller very helpful:
- Purity. Are you leading a sexually pure life? (What do you consider a sexually pure life?)
- Possessions. Do you understand the Biblical tithe to be for Christians of the giving to the Lord’s work? Are you giving out of your income in Biblical proportions, or are you moving toward that standard?
- Personal walk. Describe your prayer and devotional life. Has God been real to you in prayer of late; is your relationship with him vital? Is anything hindering your communion with God? Are you making progress against it?
- Ministry Involvement. Tell us of how you have been involved in people’s lives in ministry through _____ or through other organizations in the City. Do you have any non-Christian associates that you are regularly praying for and sharing faith with?
- Office affinity. Describe for us the duties of deacon/deaconness. How do your gifts, abilities, interests fit this office?
Taken from the Redeemer Church Planting Manual