We are in the foundational stages of establishing the Austin Area Church Planters Network. The network has grown out of a group of cross-denominational planters intent on learning from one another and catalyzing a church planting movement in the Austin area. After eight months as a grassroots movement, the AACPN is now formalizing in order to strategically facilitate a Christ-centered, context-sensitive church planting movement for social and spiritual renewal of Austin and beyond. The purpose of this emerging network is to inspire, network, and resource church planters.
The potential of this organization is inestimable. There is an incredible level of kingdom-mindedness among evangelicals in Austin. Our board is comprised of a diverse group, four church leaders and four planters, including representatives from Hill Country Bible, ABBA, First Evangelical Free, & ABA. Here are some of the benefits for developing a network like this in your city:
Benefits of a Network
· Offering City-wide Planter Assessment
· Networking with other planters
· Shared cultural, demographic knowledge of the city
· Shared Best practices
· Learning the church planting landscape in the city
· Kingdom Cooperation
- Developing strong pastoral relationships and accountability
· Connecting established missional leaders with new planters
· Directing visitors who don’t fit your church to other church plants
· Catalyzing a cross-denominational church planting movement
If any readers are aware of similar networks in other cities, please feel free to leave a link in the comments section. We are eager to learn from others who are doing similar things.